March 09, 2009

Zoning Issues

My apartment landlord is apparently creating a deck/balcony for someone who's going to move in a few floor above us. The person living directly below the construction site got annoyed and reported the repairs to the city zoning authorities, requesting to see if my landlord had gotten a permit, which of course, he had. Nonetheless, there was a mix-up as to which floor the construction was going on and this morning, as I was getting out of the shower to get ready for work, someone rang the bell. Confused as to who would possibly bother someone at 8a.m. in the morning, I went to the door to find two city zoning officials asking me about the zoning issues that had been reported and how they wanted to see the repairs that was going on. Not being a morning person, I was thoroughly confused and said there was no construction going on in my apartment and the only "repairs" we had done were for the heating since it broke down during inclement winter we'd had in New York that winter.

They wanted to come in to check... as if I wouldn't know if there was construction going on where there was a deck/balcony being built. Still in my towel, I had to excuse myself and shut the door to get dressed. Afterward, they came in and realized they had had a mix-up with the apartment numbers, apologized, and left. Jeez, what a way to start the day. Oh, today I flipped a coin and I decided to accept Paul's "present" and go to Sofia for his best friend's wedding. I'll be quitting my job at the restaurant... I still need another job if I want to pay rent, though... I'll worry about that a little later.

Today's Random Picture:
The "North-South" divide simplified:

No comments: