Despite my love-hate relationship with technology, I have to admit that I love the internet. It's one of the best things to happen in the past couple centuries, especially because of all the free information that's available. My goal to read 999 books before I die, counting from 1999, seems more than attainable as I'm more than halfway through now, and lately, I have to thank the internet for my augmenting book count. I decided to share some of these sites with you, some discovered a couple years ago, others discovered as recently as last week!
If you're interested in Thoreau's works/essays, this is the best site I've found so far to read his writing: The Thoreau Reader.
For George Orwell's novels and works, this is a great site: http://www.george-orwell.org/
I have to say George Orwell is one of my favorite authors! If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend reading 1984 and Animal Farm, two of my favorite books of all time.
For books on Objectivism and novels/novellas by Ayn Rand, this site is pretty complete: http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/index.html
If you're looking for a short, quick read, I'd recommend reading Anthem, which is only about 90 pages, more or less.
The link to this site was given to me by a Russian English-learner last week, but there are numerous bilingual texts (German-Russian, English-Russian, French-Russian, etc.) of many well-known and not-so-well-known books: http://www.franklang.ru/ (Note: some limited knowledge of Cyrillic or Russian may be needed to navigate through the site).
For miscellaneous books, try browsing through this site: The Free Information Society, where you'll find thousands of free pdf format books!
And, straying from the world of books, if you're looking to download free music LEGALLY, here's a website that tells you how... in 40 different ways! 40 Ways to Download FREE Music Legally
I hope you enjoy these freebies! Happy reading and listening ;)
Today's Random Quiz:
| You Think Creatively |
![]() You like to imagine, speculate, and fantasize. You have fun playing with ideas. You are interested in theories. You enjoy studying and developing them. You are drawn toward art, philosophy, and even math. Almost every subject is interesting to you. |


2 comments:
yay! better ways to kill time on the internet lol
KK, where in the world are you now? Haven't heard from you in a while.
Post a Comment