February 28, 2009

Quench Your Thirst

I've acquired a taste for vodka... pure. Strange, isn't it? Usually I drank it with coke, sprite, red bull, monster, etc. something sweet to soften the drink a little and reduce the burning sensation. Lately, ever since about a week ago, I started drinking vodka pure and you know what? I like it! It's crazy but true.

I can no longer drink red wine, unfortunately. Paul, Victor, and I went out a few weeks ago and each drank about 2 bottles of wine... and we got SOOOOO sick it was ridiculous. Once back at the apartment, it was a race to the toilet because we all had to throw up. Since then, even the smell of red wine turns my stomach. White wine and rosés are OK for the moment, so I can drink those... but red, no thank you, I'll pass.

Perhaps this was inevitable. I heard all my grandparents drank vodka instead of beer. My mom prefers wine, gin and tonic, but rarely vodka. My dad hardly ever drank but when he never drank beer, but rather brandy or some other hard liquor. I guess I'll go back a generation and opt for the vodka. Don't get me wrong, I like other alcoholic beverages too (i.e. beer, cocktails, white and rosé wines, etc.). The problem with beer is... to get drunk, I need to drink A LOT of beer, which means it's more time consuming, I make more frequent bathroom trips, and I feel super full. Same goes with wine and other drinks, though to slightly lesser extents. Getting drunk on vodka is actually more efficient in my opinion. You have to drink less to get drunk = you get drunk faster + you go to the bathroom less = more time to party! I love it.

Today's Random Picture:

No comments: