February 28, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

Growing up in America where there is no history of kings, queens, princes, or princesses, there were consequently no castles to visit, no palaces to be seen. I never dreamed of a prince charming coming to whisk me off my feet on a white horse like you see in Disney movies, but I do admit, I had a grain of interest in the castles and the idea of a royal family existing. Thus, when I went to Europe I ogled at the residents of past (and sometimes present) monarchs. Yes, it was the poor peasant's tax money that built those structures, but still, it's a part of history and we can't change the past so let's just enjoy the architecture! What I actually find kind of interesting is how royal families still exist in some countries (i.e. Sweden, UK, Japan, etc.). I was talking to Paul today about the British royal family and how Harry might not actually be Charles' son since as they're getting older, William is starting to look more like Charles while Harry is starting to look more like... someone else who might be his real father?

Actually, I was never a fan of the British monarchy to be honest. Especially all the American girls obsessing over Prince William. I mean, I always thought Harry was cuter (and closer to my age!). Besides, I like redheads. I'm sure now more girls would swoon over Harry than William, don't you think so? Harry is way hotter.
Oh yeah, and no matter what anyone says, I think the British will convert over the euro soon. Honestly, right now they have a picture of Queen Elizabeth on the pound sterling... but can you imagine what will happen when she dies??? Pictures of Prince Charles on the pound? Ew.

Today's Random Picture:
A simplified map of London

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

William is too good-two-shoes to marry a commoner anyway! He has to marry into royalty to become crown prince once Charles becomes king. So yeah, I'd take Harry any day! He's a lot hotter now than William, you're right!

Bambi :) said...

Eugh and Camilla as Queen >.< Bleurck! Princess Diana was so much more cool :'(
But dammit not the Euro! D:

Kerstin said...

LOL
I'm sorry about the Euro thing. I agree that it's evil and I hate it. Still, it makes you think... Charles on the pound sterling, hm.... :D