February 18, 2009

Babies and Commercials

For the first time in my life, I actually changed my mind about having kids. Well, not exactly. At the restaurant today, I saw the cutest kids I've ever seen in my entire life. They were identical twins and it was... cuteness overload. 3 years old, they belonged to the most "mismatched" couple. I would never have expected such adorable kids to have such comparably normal-looking parents. They were so cute, I almost cried... I wanted to kidnap them or just one of them. Their dad was English and their mom was Korean - they were both average-looking. Neither of them looked like supermodels or anything like that. That's why I was surprised they had such adorable kids. Just to prove I'm not biased, all of my coworkers were all over the kids. Not just the waitresses, but also the waiters. You had to see them. I wanted to take a picture, but I knew the parents would think I was a total creeper if I'd asked and maybe take the kids away from me. So I didn't.

Thus, the idea of having kids crossed my mind. If I could have kids that were
that cute... if my kids looked equally cute, I think I'd have kids. The problem is, you don't have any control over genes... it's all the flip of a coin or a toss of a die. I probably don't have the right genes to have those kids... or perhaps, I do? I don't know. I think if I found a kid that was equally cute as those twins, I'd adopt it. I still don't want to have my own kids because there is no guarantee that my kids would be cute. I mean... my kid might be even a freakier freak of nature than me! Or maybe more normal. Take, for instance, a hypothetical situation. If I got pregnant with my boyfriend's kids, the kid would be 1/2 Scottish, 1/4 Swedish, 1/8 Korean, and 1/8 Mongolian. What would such a kid look like???

One thing is for sure, IF and only IF I have a kid... it MUST have a foreign accent... like these kids:


But then again...:


Either way, it's not something I worry about at the moment. If I ever change my mind about kids, I know it will be until a
LONG while later (maybe 10+years later... MAYBE).

The Random Video of Today:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww kiwi!!! :'(

Cathy said...

Come on Kerstin. if you and paul have babies, they would be adorable!! And i call dibs on being the godmother.

Anonymous said...

I love the condom commercial :D