As all of you may already know, the sexual assault scandal involving the IMF Head, DSK, led to his resignation today, May 19, 2011. There have been many speculations as to who will head the IMF now that the perv DSK now longer runs the show. Traditionally, an American heads the World Bank (kind of a foil or counterpart to the IMF) while a European usually directs the IMF. As of late, there have been complaints about this European monopolization of heading the IMF and now, especially after the DSK sexual assault debacle, it seems more possible than ever for a non-European to claim the seat.
The British magazine, The Economist, recently had this chart, speculating the odds of certain possible heirs to the throne:
If a non-European does get the seat, that will be a first as would the appointment of Christine Lagarde, who would become the first female IMF director.
Personally, I am not a fan of the IMF and if I had to choose to support the IMF or the World Bank, I'd choose the World Bank. This is not because I was born and raised in the U.S. and the traditional World Bank head is an American, but rather, I just do not agree with the ways the IMF deals with financial crises and what they require countries to do in exchange for aid. That's another can of worms that I don't want to open today. Let's just say... the IMF claims to offer help to developing nations, yet its leader stays in $3,000-a-night luxury hotel suites. What a waste! That amount could feed entire families in some countries! Has he no shame? I guess not, since not only is he a thriftless sonofabitch, but he's also a perv.
Today's Random Picture:
What a creepster!



No comments:
Post a Comment