December 19, 2009

Wisconsin

I'm finally free!!! I handed in my last paper of the year and now it's all... well, it's not all fun and games now, but it's just a different kind of stress. Now that papers and lecture preparations are over with, I still have to study for my final exams in January and I'll be kept pretty busy with giving tours in the city. It's the last "holiday rush" = "rush of tourists" of this year so thus the tightly knit schedule. I'm only supposed to work about 20 hours a week so since Christmas is on Friday, they're making sure I'm pretty much occupied Monday through Thursday before the end of the Christmas season. It's still not bad since it's only 5 hours a day I'll have to work but still, I have a lot of unfinished Christmas errands to run and a ton of baking/cooking left to do before the holidays. Oh well, I guess the days leading up to Christmas will be just as, if not more, strapped for time.

Oh and the title of this post is "Wisconsin" because I opened my mailbox to actually read all of my incoming mail today, since I'd been putting that off during my insane study/work/paper-writing rampage these past few weeks, and I found this video from my old university, trying to get me to donate money. I really wish I could if I weren't on a budget myself... I do miss Wisconsin and all the good times I spent there. It's a place with a lot of firsts and a lot of good memories, so I decided to post it online. Maybe some of you who've never seen pictures of my university before can take a look/little tour now =)




Today's Random Quiz:

You Love the Holidays More than Anyone

The holidays are a special time for you, and you try to keep the holiday spirit going all year long.
You believe that this season is all about giving, and you love the chance to practice generosity.

Whether you're making someone smile with the perfect gift or feeding everyone cookies, the holidays always elevate your mood.
Just putting on your favorite holiday song always warms your heart. Even if it's July!


No comments: